What is the Illinois Coalition of Nursing Organizations?
ICNO functions much like a ‘kitchen cabinet’ as we utilize this trusted group to have conversation about organizational plans related to regulatory issues, discuss practice, research and educational issues that ‘keep us up at night.’
This organization is a voluntary unincorporated organization whose purpose is to work toward coordination and cooperation among participating nursing organizations in issues that relate to nursing practice, education, research and other matters of mutual concern.
The functions of the Illinois Coalition shall be:
- To support collective efforts to improve nursing practice
- To develop statements on matters of state, regional, and local concern for nursing
- To facilitate networking and cooperation among the member organizations
- To promote the dissemination of information related to the Illinois Coalition and to issues affecting nursing practice and health care.
Each organization can have two representative present at each meeting. When voting is necessary, each organization receives one vote.
Organizations are welcome to join the coalition. If you are a representative of an organization in Illinois and are interested in participating, please contact Susan Swart at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
ANA-Illinois serves as the facilitator for the meetings of the coalition. We also serve as the archivist for meeting minutes and documents of importance to the work of the coalition.
ORGANIZATIONS CURRENTLY INVOLVED:
- IACN – Illinois Association of Colleges of Nursing
- IHNA – Illinois Hispanic Nurses Association
- IANA – Illinois Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- IPHNA – Illinois Public Health Nurse Administrators
- ISAPN – Illinois Society for Advanced Practice Nursing
- IOADN – Illinois Organization for Associate Degree Nursing
- IASN – Illinois Association of School Nurses
- ICCB Deans and Directors – Illinois Community College Board
- IONL – Illinois Organization of Nursing Leaders
- PNAI – Philippine Nurses Association of Illinois
- INF – Illinois Nurses Foundation
- IDFPR/Illinois Center for Nursing
- CCNBNA – Chicago Chapter of the National Black Nurses Association
- Leading Age – Nursing Division
- DDNA of Illinois – Development Disabilities Nurses Association of Illinois
- GCCHIMSS – Greater Chicagoland Chapter of the Health Information Management and Systems Society - Nursing Division
- Illinois Homecare and Hospice Council – Nursing Division
- IANPC – Illinois Ambulatory nurse Practice Consortium - chapter of AAACN
- International Polish Nurses Association
- Indian Nurses Association – Illinois
- Alpha Eta Chapter – Chi Eta Phi